Our Dermatology Department provides friendly and convenient full-service medical and cosmetic dermatologic care for our community.
Our regular office hours are Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm and some Saturdays.
If you have a problem after hours, please call our office. The answering service will forward your name and phone number to the doctor on call. You should receive a return call within one hour of leaving your message. If you have not heard from the doctor within an hour please call again. In the event of an emergency we recommend you dial 911 or proceed to the Emergency Room. In the unlikely event of a phone malfunction you can reach the answering service directly for urgent problems at 401-276-6700.
MEDICAL COSMETIC LASER TREATMENTS
ADVISED & TREATED BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
Proven Safe and Effective
*Laser Facial *Skin Tightening *Leg Veins *Rosacea *Broken Capillaries
*Brown Spots *Melasma *Tattoo Removal
*Botox *Fillers *Sclerotherapy *Photodynamic Therapy
(including but not limited to)
Alopecia (Hair Loss)
Atypical Moles (Dysplastic Nevus)
Basal Cell Carcinoma
Precancers (Actinic Keratosis)
Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Electrodesiccation and Curettage (ED&C)
BLUE LIGHT PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY
Levulan® Kerastick® (aminolevulinic acid HCl) plus visible blue light illumination using phothotodynamic therapy is indicated for the treatment of actinic keratosis (pre-cancers) of the face or scalp. Actinic keratoses (AKs) are rough-textured, dry, scaly patches on the skin that can lead to skin cancer. Blue Light is unique because it uses a light activated drug therapy to destroy AKs.
PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO TREATMENT:
• Remember to bring in a hat with a wide brim to wear after treatment.
• If you are having treatment on your arms or legs, remember to wear a long
sleeved shirt and pants, even if it is summer!
• Remember that after therapy you will need to go straight home so it is
important to run all errands before treatment.
• You will be here in our office for about three hours for this treatment so
plan to eat prior to coming in and make sure to bring a book, magazine, etc.
• The application will be a clear liquid that is applied to the area being
treated. You will be in the waiting room while the medication is absorbing
but it is colorless and there will not be any visible sign of anything on the
If you have any questions prior to treatment, please call our triage line at
PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS:
• Avoid exposure to sunlight for the first 48 hours. This includes direct or indirect sunlight,
such as being outside or sitting close to a window while indoors.
• It is also important to avoid exposure to other sources of light, such as long-term closeup
exposure to computer or television screens. This is only of concern if you are sitting
very close to the screen for long periods of time.
• Wear a thick layer of sun block that has at least SPF 30, especially during the first 48
hours. Our office will provide you with a heavy application of sun block prior to leaving
the clinic. If you are in need of a sun block our clinic carries ELTA MD and Blue Lizard. Both
are available for purchase at the time of your treatment.
• Wash your skin with a mild cleanser such as Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser or Cerave Cleanser
twice a day.
• Use of a moisturizer is okay. We recommend use of Cetaphil or Cerave Cream.
• If arms or legs were treated, be sure to wear long sleeved shirts and pants for the first
48 hours, even during the summertime!
• It is okay to take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain/inflammation if these are medicines you normally take.
• Your skin may appear red and swollen. It may feel like your skin is burning, itchy, or
“hot” like a sunburn during the first 24-48 hours. While this may feel like a sunburn, it is
not an actual burn.
• After 24 hours your skin may start to peel. This may vary from mild-severe peeling. Any
amount of peeling is considered normal after your treatment.
• Please call the office if you have any questions or concerns at 401-253-8900.
NEUROTOXINS: DYSPORT AND XEOMIN
Smooths frown lines, forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet and smoker’s lines. Treatments are simple 15-minute procedures with no downtime. Neurotoxins provide noticeable results with no surgery and no recovery time. Visible results have been shown to last three to six months, although individual results may vary. Neurotoxins are injectables of purified proteins used to temporarily soften and eliminate unwanted lines of facial expression by relaxing the underlying muscles. If you’re interested in neurotoxins you will first meet with the dermatology provider for a cosmetic consultation. They will discuss the options and recommend the appropriate treatment for your goals and your skin condition.
Sunscreen is the most important skin care product we offer. We carry several different kinds of high-quality sunscreens formulated for different uses and skin types. Confused about which sunscreen is best for you? Schedule a skin evaluation to discuss sunscreens and other skin care products.
Just some of our sunscreens include:
UV Facial SPF 30
UV Daily SPF 40
UV Clear SPF 46
UV Sport SPF 50
AM Therapy Lotion
PM Therapy Lotion
FIX My Lips (large)
FIX My Lips (small)